NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

AZ4 mount

andrew63

I've just got the aluminium tripod version to use with my ED80. Looking forward to giving it a try but the weather doesn't look good this weekend.

You'll love it with the ED80. Will be a great setup.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just have one little quirk, that may only be with the aluminium tripod version. I find that the pin on top of the tripod, that the mount head sits over, seems a little narrow so there is a little side to side movement even when the mount head is firmly secured.

This should easily be solved with a piece of rubber or something similar but I was wondering if anyone else has found this little problem.

I do have a HEQ5 so I will try the stainless steel tripod from that to see if this is an ally tripod only quirk.

Mine came with the aluminium tripod initially and i did use it a couple of times. I didn't notice a problem with side to side motion, it seemed very tight. But i think i was more concerned about the amount of flex in the tripod legs when fully extended. With the 90mm f11 i was getting serious vibrations that were taking far too long to damp down. So i quickly sourced a steel tripod.

I was looking for lightness and knowing I had the steel tripod from my HEQ5 decided the aluminium option was worth a try. Still not had a chance to try it yet so don't know if flexure will be a problem with the alluminium tripod.

I've just tried the mount head on my HEQ5 steel tripod and I don't get the small side to side movement.

The problem seems to be that the locking bolt, on the aluminium tropod, can not be tightened enough due to it being a little on the small side. I tried using the locking bolt from the steel tripod but the threaded part does not go through far enough.

I'm sure this problem can be easily solved. I'm going to try using a small piece of rubber to see if this works.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I am fortunaly and have the Black model so i wouldn't look to bad in black or white, might go with black rings to keep with the orange and black theme.

HI , i will getting one of these mounts soon to use with a c6 just

wanted to ask what rings did get & where from got any

pics of your c6 on the AZ4 mount please :D

clear skies :p

Archived