NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Who has the Knobs?

While the collimation on my new scope appears O.K. (What do I know?) at the moment, I have ordered a cheshire from Steve for use in the future,The idea of "Bobs Knobs "seems to me to be the way to go,can I buy them in the UK? or failing that does anybody know the thread size? This is for the Explorer 200

Cheers Frank

Lo Frank

If you do find out what size the thread is and the length in total you could always change them out for some Cup head sockets, so You could use an allen key instead of a pozidrive. :)

I will never be able to understand the use of pozidrive screws on telescopes and mounts as the heads easily damage and it is sooo easy to slip and scratch something or worse damage yourself :nono:

most of the tubes come out of china/tiawan now, including the lightbridges and synta stuff so I cant imagine the threads being much different. I would just e mail them using the contact form on the website to check first though. its a damn good idea and one I might try myself next year if yours are successful

Thanks CC Have just found it, This is EXACTLY what I have in mind and he appears to have a done a first class job! Right,, 5M studding it is,My Advice to all Newcomers is, READ THE ARCHIVES! the questions you want to ask ,and the priceless answers by people who know what they are about are all there,- Love this Forum to bits!.

Cheers Frank

Hi Frank,

Open up yourself an 'iseestars' account.... If you look at the bottom of the SGL page, you will see the logo, click on it, and sign up!

When you have done that, I or someone else will talk you through the rest... ok?

Caz

Edit * Sorry, forgot to mention, its for housing your images etc, so you can upload them to the forum.... :)

Archived