Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First image through my telescope

Well here it is, it is very blurred I know and I want to try to get to the bottom of it. Nikon Coolpix 7900 - Should I use any specific setting? How close to the eyepiece should the camera be? It was held in place with a Baader adaptor. Any help would be most welcome.

Steve

post-18922-133877516723_thumb.jpg

Steve,

I think it's just a matter of practice. I've used a Baader adaptor with a point and press camera and found it not that easy to get the focus quite right. What I do, which you may already be doing, is swing the camera out of the way, look through the EP set the focus, swing it camera back in and snap away. I then tend to refocus a bit either way without removing the camera and something eventually works out!

As to how close I get to the EP with the camera lens, not really thought about it, usually untill I've framed what I want to get in the shot or until the camera switches itself off as lens meets EP!

I think overall, it's just practice and patience...

Cheers

Neil

Archived