Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Jupiter 9 Jan, C9.25

Alan

Thanks for the comment RD .. but I must say that having looked at some later Jupiter postings showing superb fine detail, I think its back to the drawing board again for me. Still that's why I love this hobby, always room for improvement and of course endless new toys to try (her indoors permitting).

Kids leave home do they? Mine are 25, 28 and 32 and still here (average first time buyer now 37 !!!!) but am pleased to say that contributing to the family pot .... no longer draining :icon_eek:

Cheers,

Alan

Very good Jupiter!

Alan,

Your Celestron XLT 9.25 has much better definition on imaging planets than your Orion Optics 10" F6.3 Newtonian?

Have you tried imaging Jupiter with Orion Optics 10" F6.3 Newtonian?

regards,

Luis

Very good Jupiter!

Alan,

Your Celestron XLT 9.25 has much better definition on imaging planets than your Orion Optics 10" F6.3 Newtonian?

Have you tried imaging Jupiter with Orion Optics 10" F6.3 Newtonian?

regards,

Luis

Hi Luis,

I feel very guilty that I haven't imaged Jupiter with my Orion Optics scope and must make an effort to do so before Jupiter is too far gone.

My problem is that my HEQ5 pro is on the limit with the long Newt and I live on the east cost of the UK which tends to be windy - which doesn't help. To be honest I have been just too lazy (especially at very low temperatures) to change the mount set up and lug the big tube outside when the C9.25 is comparatively so easy to handle on this mount and its closed tube design likely to produce comparable images.

Cheers,

Alan

PS - thanks for your kind words oldfruit.

Archived