NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

First Moon Pic, Handheld with a DSLR at the eyepiece

Damien

Hi All,

Tried this to see if it would work and am surprised with the result. I was observing last night and wondered if I could snap a shot at the eyepiece. This is my first astro pic and have now gotten the bug.

:)

post-20014-133877516278_thumb.jpg

Damien, that's come out quite nicely... afocal is not the easiest method of imaging. If you get a T thread adapter and suitable attachments, you could mount your SLR directly on the scope (prime focus), probably easier.

Cheers John,

I like this image because it has a certain warm feeling to it. I think i got lucky with the exposure. I have ordered the adaptors to do prime focus, no doubt that will cover the UK in cloud for the forseeable future. I tried some widefield stuff also last night but everything had a red/orange cast to it. Will have to find a dark site.

Quick question, when using the prime focus method am i doomed to the same orange result?

Thanks in advance

Damien

Thanks Guys,

I am looking forward to the next clear night to get out and do some more. Hopefully the adapters for my camera will have arrived then. I will have to concentrate on Lunar as the LP around here is awful, although that will keep me happy while I get to grips with the technical aspects.

D

Archived