Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Arrrrrgh......British Weather!

Jimmy Stix

So there I am, last night, full of optimism about really getting to grips with my new scope on the first clear night for days and the British weather foils me again.

I get to my dark place and turn the car engine off and it's then I realise this is going to be a challenge. The car is rocking from the winds whipping across the fields and my heart sinks.

Once again I am unable to get a sharp image as the wind shakes the tripod and all I see are blurry dots! :eek: Added to which my fingers and toes were numb. I have some very thick gloves but I cannot do a thing with them on so have to expose bare skin every time I want to adjust something. :)

Oh the joys of astronomy. Sympathy and empathy in equal measure required please. :evil6:

Gutted... Perfectly clear down here in Devon. Apparently it was clear last night with calm weather and today it's blue skies everywhere not a single cloud with barely a light breeze. But the people I ordered my scope from on Tuesday had a back log on order because of new years. So won't be getting it till tomorow. It better be as good weather as this!!!

I have got to the stage where naff sayings such as, "if life gives you lemons, make lemonade..." seem to be something to be heeded...

I would pack the scope away, sit in the car and warm up, then go back outside and do some observing with the binoculars or my MK1 eyeballs...

Archived