Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Making Notes

valleyman

When I first started with this Hobby I read that it is a good idea to keep notes on what we observe.

Does anybody do this and if so what format do you use for keeping information that you observe.

Is there a set format that can be used and once you have the observations what do you do with them.

Hi Valleyman. I myself have just started to do this for several reasons. What i have done is bought a large pad, and split it into sections. dso,s, planets, and lunar and solar.

For me it is a great help. One, for double checking on how many lunar craters i have so far seen, and the same for the dsos etc.

Also, i have now started to put the time, date, seeing conditions and location next to them for a look back .

It will be good to see in the future when looking back to compare them over a period of time.

I use the same large pad method and then I generally type everything onto the comp for easy lookback when I cant remember if I've already observed something (the list being extremely small at the minute but hopefully advancing rapidly).

Jonathon.

Archived