Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Converting video formats

Hi there,

I'm looking for a free program that will enable me to convert videos to AVI form in order for me to use registax...

I have taken some videos with my mobile and a video camera and just need to convert the files.

If I convert the files will registax work on them or not?

Thanks very much for your help.

Google "free Wmv to Avi converter" (or whatever conversion you need) there are dozens of free ones out there. I downloaded a couple before I found one I liked. ( Sorry - I no longer have the link for it!! Mine does Mpeg <> Wmv <> Avi and seems to come from "appfree dot com")

The Daddy of all movie conversion software is ffmpeg FFmpeg but it's difficult to use. These days I usually use the much more friendly Handbrake - HandBrake Just choose your original movie as the 'Source' and choose a preset format from the right-hand side, or select the specific format with the options at the bottom. It's very intuitive software, and also does a great job of ripping DVDs onto your computer*

* Obviously this can be very naughty, but I have in the past had legitimate reasons to do this!

Is there any way I can 'stack' the videos and images I have taken with my mobile and video camera?

Do you mean stacking more than one video file (possibly from different sources) at the same time in registax?

AVS video tools is very good for all conversions. It's not free but not expensive for what you get. I have used this for years for video work.

What I do have trouble with, is my NexImage cam. The preview screen freezes all the time no matter how I set it. Any ideas please?

Archived