Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M42.. last chance for me..

Coco

As the winter knocks on Ive so much to try and complete.. here is a stack of 20 x 60 second subs and EOS + 100-300 @ 300seconds f/4 ( ISO 800)

No Flats or darks... all images stacked in DSS and stretched in Pixinsight and CS5

The image is cropped to around 50% of te original.. :eek:

critique always welcome... :)

original.jpg

Well done for finding a gap in the clouds Guy. Is M42 going to be blocked from view from your obsy? That would be a real shame as it's the best time for it over the coming month. The focus looks a little off (or perhaps tracking) and did you get any darks done as this would help with the noise.

Regards

Kevin

As Kevin says try some darks. You can generate these at any time and add them to the mix.

You could probably do a bit more photoshop work and mess with curves and such to drag out more detail and perhaps a touch of sharpening. Just try stuff out till it looks right for you.

Dave...

Well done for finding a gap in the clouds indeed. Can't remember the last time I saw Orion - or anything else for that matter - but it was definitely last year!

Some shorter subs and the use of layer masking in photoshop would take out the overexposed core of M42 Guy, and it's a useful technique to learn (having just learnt it myself!)

Archived