Pixinsight - My process sidebar has gone!!

Just using Pixinsight and following the tutorials. Really enjoying it.

BUT ............. somehow, I've lost my process tab down the left hand side and I can not for the life of me get it back!!

Can't see on the guides how to get it down there either. Probably really easy to do, so can someone tell me how to put it back again?!!

Thanks!!

Hi

Will finish off the desktop info on my website as this is often done :eek:

Harry

Just using Pixinsight and following the tutorials. Really enjoying it.

BUT ............. somehow, I've lost my process tab down the left hand side and I can not for the life of me get it back!!

Can't see on the guides how to get it down there either. Probably really easy to do, so can someone tell me how to put it back again?!!

Thanks!!

While you are around Harry, I'm just do an image integration of 30 images using the video tutorial with winsorised sigma clipping and in the processing log a few images have come up with

MRS noise evaluation

** Warning: No convergence in MRS noise estimation routine - using k-sigma noise

any thoughts?

edit: sorry Sara I just realised this was off topic :eek:

Hi

MRS noise est is the most accurate way off measuring the noise in your image , but if the image is very noisy it is not able to do so and then reverts to the k sigma way which is still quite good :eek: only if k sigma fails completely as well does it create a real problem

This happens a lot of the time with me as well :)

Regards Harry

While you are around Harry, I'm just do an image integration of 30 images using the video tutorial with winsorised sigma clipping and in the processing log a few images have come up with

MRS noise evaluation

** Warning: No convergence in MRS noise estimation routine - using k-sigma noise

any thoughts?

edit: sorry Sara I just realised this was off topic ;)

Hi

MRS noise est is the most accurate way off measuring the noise in your image , but if the image is very noisy it is not able to do so and then reverts to the k sigma way which is still quite good :eek: only if k sigma fails completely as well does it create a real problem

This happens a lot of the time with me as well :)

Regards Harry

It only happened on two images so I can live with that lol, thanks for the response

Got that sorted - Thanks folks.

Harry, I am pretty impressed with my first ever go with PI. I'm going to post the M31 in a minute. After a few run throughs with the video tuts, it should be quite intuitive.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi Sara

I am happy to see that you are making progress :) I personally think the supposed difficulty of PI is overstated.

Will have a look at your work shortly

harry

I agree, Harry; using PI is no harder than breaking the WW2 Enigma Machine codes, translating Myan pictograms or decyphering Linear B. Happily you are our Rosetta stone, dear boy!! The secrets of the Pharoes emerge from the swirling sands of our floundering incomprehension.

Olly

Hi

As I said it is all so simple :( Got to be for a simple person like me to understand most of it :)

Harry

I agree, Harry; using PI is no harder than breaking the WW2 Enigma Machine codes, translating Myan pictograms or decyphering Linear B. Happily you are our Rosetta stone, dear boy!! The secrets of the Pharoes emerge from the swirling sands of our floundering incomprehension.

Olly

Archived