Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Finally I Do My Finderscope In Daylight!

Jimmy Stix

Yep I finally managed to get out in the daylight and sort of align the finder with the main on my Skymax 127.

However it was not all good news as it was quite foggy in my part of Sheffield and even at one of my "darker" sites it was not possible to get focussed on anything at a real distance. I kept thinking the trees on the hillside would just about be visible and then things would mist over again and I would have to wait. I ended up using a telegraph pole, probably less than half a mile away. I know that's not nearly enough but it was the best I could do before the afternoon gloom really set in.

Of course I don't have clear skies tonight to check if I can find something "really" interesting.

Ah the joys/pains of astronomy! I am just getting to know some of them now. :(

Hope some of you out there are at least are having a clear night.

Regards.

Jimmy.

I dont bother lining up my finder exactly. At the start of a session I find a bright star in my main scope with a low power then note where it is in the finder in relation to the cross. The star is usually close to the centre & in one of the quadrants. I just remember where the alignment point is and use that to locate objects. Simple !

I dont bother lining up my finder exactly. At the start of a session I find a bright star in my main scope with a low power then note where it is in the finder in relation to the cross. The star is usually close to the centre & in one of the quadrants. I just remember where the alignment point is and use that to locate objects. Simple !

Thanks for the tip Alan. All I need now is those elusive clear skies! :(

Archived