Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Leo Triplet with Canon 70-200mm 2.8L IS

Grinde

After over a month with constant cloudcover & temperatures below -25°C , & waiting eagerly for my new gear, I opened the old dusty folder from last year, my first imaging attempts ever, & found some stuff from my 3rd night out with my first mount & scope.

I was trying some shots with my ordinary camera lenses, before attaching the scope. Here's a shot of the Leo Triplet, NGC3628/M66/M65. & you can also make out NGC3593 to the right. (Thanks to the GOTO, since I had no clue where it was)

Image data:

Canon EOS 50D (unmodded)

EQ6 Synscan

EF 70-200 2.8L IS @ 200mm f/2.8

8*30s @ ISO1600

no darks/flats/bias

Stacking & processing in photoshop

5294409151_b67289a088_b.jpg

(Click for bigger image)

Image resized to around 50%, 9.6 arcsec/pixel

Thanks for watching

Jonas

Great Image Jonas. It is amazing just how much the Universe is put into perspective, when an Image such as this appears.

The humble 200mm lens, and I mean that respectfully, can always supply an example of the immensity of it all.

Island universes, containing millions of stars themselves, embedded among the stars of our own galaxy. Not literally of course, as they are at much greater distances.

A case of a picture speaking a thousand words if you like.

These kind of pics. can be great educational tools.:)

Ron.

Archived