Crayford focuser extension tube?

Hi, I am having problems bringing two of my 2" eyepieces (9mm Nagler type 1 and Meade series 4000 UWA 14mm) into focus on the Crayford focuser on my Revelation 10" Dob. I understand that I may need some kind of extension tube.

Anyone know of a UK based supplier of these?

I know they exist because I found a couple of US sites selling them, but they dont ship outside the USA.

Thanks for any help.

Cheers, bob.

Hi bob, I have the same problem... I just swapped my 2" 2x Barlow for an elctric focus unit for the crayford. An excellent swap as the elecy focus is GREAT!

But I forgot that I used the barlow (with the lens removed) as an extension tube...

I've asked Bern at Modernastronomy to get me one - he's finding out a price and as soon as he does I'll let you know Bob.

I've got some stuff going on at the moment and may not be around for a while - give Bern a call direct if you wish www.modernastronomy.com - these adapters are not on the website soyou'll have to call him. His telephone number is on the website :)

Ant

The problem with TS is that they charge a fair wack for shipping and you have to pay them in Euros via paypal who take a few percent making the total perhaps around £30? 

I should have some this week for less than that.

If anybody is interested just send me a pm or email.

Cheers

Bern

Archived