planetarium... the best value for xmas

garethmob

hey guys

well im looking on tinterweb for the best planetarium for my mate for xmas

iv looked on ebay and google and seen a few but does any one have any good reviews on any perticular ones?

STAR THEATER Home Planetarium Meteor Maker UNCLE MILTON on eBay (end time 04-Jan-11 17:54:49 GMT)

seems to be a popular one on ebay (dosent mean its any good tho :) )

this one

Sega Toys Homestar Extra Planetarium on eBay (end time 04-Jan-11 09:49:59 GMT)

seems quite good but out way way way out of my budget

but is there any that you use at all?

thanks for help guys

gareth

iv got the nat geographic and its pretty ****, id like a nice one but not at an obsceen cost :)

I mistakenly bought that online too, for one of my offspring (can't be bothered to refund it due to having to pay for shipping to return it)...:) If he likes it, I'll get a pro one next year. Landfill trash. Not worth the £25 quid. I'm sure this toy brand will have a bad effect on the reputation of the magazine which at one time, was actually pretty good..

hey guys

well im looking on tinterweb for the best planetarium for my mate for xmas

iv looked on ebay and google and seen a few but does any one have any good reviews on any perticular ones?

STAR THEATER Home Planetarium Meteor Maker UNCLE MILTON on eBay (end time 04-Jan-11 17:54:49 GMT)

seems to be a popular one on ebay (dosent mean its any good tho :D )

this one

Sega Toys Homestar Extra Planetarium on eBay (end time 04-Jan-11 09:49:59 GMT)

seems quite good but out way way way out of my budget

but is there any that you use at all?

thanks for help guys

gareth

The Star Theater and National Geographic's are not very exciting at all. I used the 'Laser Cosmos - Laser Star Projector' for my astronomy event to create some atmosphere in the lecture room, on the sealing :) The drawback on this projector is that you don't actually get to see constellations properly, so it's not really an educational tool, only a pleasant light effect especially if you're having friends over dinner ;):)

The Sega is highly recommended but the price is very steep, I'm afraid :D

Have you thought about a subscription to a (online) robotic telescopes site? Some would cost you about £50 per year or less. It would make an original present that will astound your mate each time he/she gets to actually see a live view of celestial object for which pictures can be taken and saved :D

Archived