Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

South Coast Astro - January 4th

russ

We will be having a couple of sessions on the 4th.

Session 1 - Partial Solar Eclipse. Will meet for 6am in the New Forest. Hoping to see Mercury as well. And then view the partial solar eclipse.

Session 2 - A night of observing. With loads going on we are hoping to brave the cold and go as long as possible. Session will start at 7pm and finish as late as possible.

Should be a great day.

I'd like to make it but this is another mid week event... why can't eclipses occur at more suitable times :)

Does SCAG intend meet on Fridays or at weekends?.. or are these avoided for other reasons?

Derek

This sounds interesting. Where do you guys meet?

New Forest, not too far from Southampton.

Does SCAG intend meet on Fridays or at weekends?.. or are these avoided for other reasons?

We've chosen the 4th this time because there's so much going on for one day, it was too good to miss. Plus it's tagged on the end of the Christmas/New Year hols. From Feb onwards we will return, hopefully, to our usual slot of the nearest Saturday to New Moon. :)

• 2 weeks later...
That narrows it down to just a few hundred square miles. :eek::D:D:D:D

Just rough idea :)

On a more serious note, we have cancelled everything for the 4th. Wall to wall cloud and light rain forecast for the entire day. No eclipse, no meteors, no planets and no starry skies. ;)

Nevermind Keith. I'll drop you a PM when we arrange the February session and hopefully you'll be able to make it. I would say, well worth keeping Saturday 5th February free as that will be the likely date. :)

Archived