Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Suggestions for reading on Astrophysics and Particle Physics, please..

Revs

I'm fancying having a good read over the coming holidays(and beyond) and thought it was about time I learned more about these subjects. They've always been subjects of great interest to me and I thought about doing a course of some sort, but don't have the time or the money.

If you've any experience on this subject I'd be very grateful to hear any suggestion regarding literature, either online or in book form, that you might recommend.

TIA :)

My qualifications stop at GCSE, so I best start off at or near basic level. Since school I've watched and read a fair bit but nothing too in depth. When it comes to physics I am a fast learner, though.

I'll look at the ones you suggested, cheers :)

Same here - but I had to read Chown about 3 times before it began to sink in - not because he's a bad writer, just that quantum physics is so un-intuitive! The Green book is quite a bit more advanced.

The Magic Furnace, The Story of Atoms. Marcus Chown.

QED Richard Feynman.

A Brief History of the Universe Joseph Silk.

I must read the other books already recommended. Feynman was a genius though. You must read QED!

Happy Christmas reading...

Olly

Archived