Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

full disc 12.12.2010

mattifor

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Thanks so much still learning, trying to improve focusing using the D400.

but imaging is realy new to me.

Hi Mattifor,

Before I switched to a mono camera I did do some Ha photography with a canon and a qhy8 colour cameras. Technically speaking the image data for Ha should only come in on the red channel of the camera but due to imperfect filters that all Colour CCD's have you will get leakage into the green and blue channels (mostly in green and blue to a lesser extent). You can use this phenomena to your advantage.

For best results expose it long enough to start seeing the proms (they should be red only). This will obviously totally over expose the disk. When processing the image separate the Red Green and Blue channels and process them separately. Use the red channel to tease out the proms. In the green channel that has received leaked light you will usually be able to get nice surface details.

After processing them separately experiment with recombining the channels you should get quite a bit more disk detail.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Bill D

Billy D's Front Page

Archived