Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

New mouse and stellarium

Manok101

My old mouse quit working due to an incident involving a spilt glass of tea, so I went to the store to get a new wireless keyboard/mouse combo, and unfortunately the new wheel on the mouse has problems zooming in and out, My other mouses wheel worked just fine. Maybe its time to just learn the keyboard shortcut?

You should have a driver disk which came with the keyboard / mouse.

If not go on the net and search for the makers web site and you should be able to down load the driver from support/downloads. Once installed you can get access to the keyboard / mouse set up in the program files.

Hope this helps.

SPACEBOY

Some operating systems Vista in particular support most new hardware so some keyboards ETC will work fine. If your new mouse is fancy and has multi functions then it is doubt full the OP will have the drivers to run /modify the features where as a manufacturer driver/ software will.

I assume its brand new, the mouse and keyboard together were 80$ US lol, it works fine for the most part it has some weird little oddities which i assume come from it being a fairly new product. Like the clickwheel will work fine on websites, but not stellarium like the old one did. The keyboard is one of those new fancy ones that are "ergonomically" designed, its also a multi media keyboard for what thats worth. I installed the drivers, and it still doesnt zoom in or out very well at all.

The next best thing I can think is to contact the writer of stellerium and see what they suggest as if it is NEW K&M there may be a program / hardware compatibility issue and it would be worth mentioning for when the new version of stellarium is wrote. I think contact details are on the stellarium website.

Archived