Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

This Weather!

marineBLU28

I am so frustrated! the god of astronomy obviously need to be appeased FLO posted out my new William Optics FLT 110 APO triplet and due to the awful weather we are having has still not arrived although rather funnily on the tracking website it still says 'out for delivery' (it's 8.23pm) so that poor guy is really earning his wages :D

What would be a suitable sacrifice to appease the Gods :D

Carolyn

What would be a suitable sacrifice to appease the Gods

Hi Caroline, as the (self-appointed) West Country communicator for the Astro-comical Weather Gods - I've been told that nothing short of dancing au-naturel around your EQ6 at midnight will save you. I'll be surprised if you don't see stars after some 10 minutes....

.....bit cold here in Scotland for the former

Hi Carolyn (sorry, I spelt your name wrongly last time) ... given the news reports we've been seeing of your plight up there, the Jaffa's appear to be the only viable option.

Does anyone actually know what the low temperature rating of the lubricating grease is inside an NEQ6 Pro mount? I've just been outdoors contemplating whether to set things up and noticed the frost forming on the pillar. Although the mount is well covered I wonder if the lubricant gets a little solid and affects tracking performance.

Archived