Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Need help ! re Ascom

Can someone plse tell me how I can find out which Version of Ascom is running on the puta- seem to be having allsorts of connection foibles and errors with Eqmod and Starry Night.

Uninstalled both and re-installed SN 5 Pro without the 5.8.2 update ie it's as it was straight out of the box and it naturally installs Ascom V3 but I've updated to V5.5 and re-installed Eqmod V1.22 h

Just want to clarify for myself which Ascom is running

No , outside I run SN V5 Pro but updated it a while ago to v5.8.2 , but recently I've had a few cnxtn probs -weird stuff. Tried to uninstall and re-install Ascom but stranger stuff happened ! ie the installer kept telling me to "uninstall previous version 1st" even tho it was nowhere to be seen on the lappy :D

Well anyway looks like I'm running V5.5 Ascom, SN Pro v5 & Eqmod v1.22h and all's well in the world- just strange ;):D

Cheers guys!

Out of interest, I'm also running SN Pro and EQMOD on a new setup and occasionally get strange things happening. Basically everything runs OK most nights, but sometimes the mount will just stop part way during a slew to target and not respond. The other fault mode is that it tracks after a goto, but again does not respond to other commands later. I only have the problem when using an EQDIR module, seems to be OK when using the handset & USB/serial dongle.

Will check later what versions I'm using. Not sure what the issue is, but could be the powered USB hub, or some other USB issue. Seems to be related to use of the cameras simutaneously to the mount (?). All the cameras and mount are connected directly to the local PC, which is controlled over network via remote desktop.

Archived