Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

HELP! EQMod doesn't save any alignment points!

Panic!

I'm in Cartes du Ciel, I slew the telescope to a star, adjust with the gamepad to center precisely, and issue a "Sync".

But the "Point count" in the "Alignment / Sync" panel in EQMod still says 0, no matter how many times I try.

Please help me!

I don't think so, blinky. I followed EQMod's video tutorial about aligning with "append on sync". When I click on Sync in Cartes du Ciel, it askes me "Are you sure that the telescope is pointing at <some object>?" and I clieck Yes. It used to work, but now it doesn't.

I'll try your approach too anyway.

Ok, I have kind of found the source of the problem: EQMod complains that "Sync data too big: ignoring."

I have found that it means that the offset from the position where EQMod thought the star was to the position I have told it it is, is greater than 45 degrees, so it refuses to sync.

What do I do now?

Probably not the right answer, but I'd be tempted to check ALL your intial home data settings and trash everything in your saved alignment points & sync points and start again, making sure you've properly inputted your date and Long/Lat data. Quirks do happen

I have found that it means that the offset from the position where EQMod thought the star was to the position I have told it it is, is greater than 45 degrees, so it refuses to sync.

You need to determine why it is sooooo far out. Are you accurately polar aligning your mount in the first place? Are you starting from the correct 'START' point - weights pointing down, telescope pointing up (NOT at Polaris as many people assume)?

Archived