Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Star chart/maps software for a Mac?

Get bootcamp and put Windows on it, it will give you access to a lot more and better software.

Otherwise, TheSkyX from Bisque and Stellarium will run on Mac OSX.. TheSkyX is not cheap and I've heard some people had problem with Stellarium on Mac. Still, since Stellarium is free, there is no harm trying it.

There's plenty of Mac native software out there - Stellarium, TheSky X, Voyager, Equinox, Astroplanner etc etc - there's really no need to spend money on getting Windows... :)

If it's charting you want rather than pretty pictures then Carte Du Ciel is a good option - and it's free too...

James

Stellarium is horridly unMac-like and clashes with the dock. I'm using Equinox 6 to drive my scope and Starry Night for bells and whistles. Starry Night is good but there is too mach stuff in it that is not very useful - and you have to pay for it. The downloadable version is modular in that you can buy just the modules you need - but there is no scope driver module, you have to buy the Pro version to get that. Equinox 6 does 95% of the useful functions including scope driving and is relatively cheap.

Archived