Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

finderscope killing my neck

Hi there

I also have a Skywatcher 200p and quickly realised I didn't like the finderscope so I replace it with a Telrad reflex finder. Without a Goto it seems like the easiest way to find your way around. No inverted view and you can still wear your glasses. Plus no red dot in the center to hide anything.

A RACI finder and a Telrad will both fit comfortably on a 200P ota, 'cos that's what I have on my one! They make life a great deal easier when finding objects, use the Telrad first to get there abouts then the finder scope to star hop closer still and then a wide angle low power ep to get it spot on, simples!;)

Well, of course it's not always that simples I admit, if it was it wouldn't be half as satisfying when you do manage to find a faint fuzzy!!:)

Doc

Same here....... I have a red dot ( Baader Skysurfer V ) which is handy as it can easily be seen from the back of the scope so when I am manuevering the scope I stand at the back and get to the right area of sky with the red dot. Standing at the rear of the scope gives the widest view of the sky and the scopes position relative to the view.

For close in I use my RACI will illuminated cross hairs which gives heat views in it's own right for wide objects.

Tip here is I use the RACI finder for aligning the scope with synscan as well. I never use the main scope optics when aligning. Just make sure the finder is well aligned to the main scope at the start then just do alignment using the finders cross hairs which guarantees stars are centrex and makes alignment a breeze as well as being very accurate.

Archived