Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

California Neb

davew

I'll get my excuses in first.... Full moon, mist and the odd plane or two.

I thought I'd get the 105mm Macro lens out again and try to go deeper than my last effort. The image is heavily cropped and won't take too much zooming ! Next time I must break out the 200mm lens.

8300 chip. Sigma 105mm macro lens. 10 x 10minutes and 4 x 20 minutes unguided ( clouds stopped play ). Darks subtracted and stacked in Maxim. No flats. Only levels and curves done to see what I've got.

It's non too sharp partly due to the mist and needs deconvolution.

I hope you like the first iteration.

Dave.

post-13139-133877503354_thumb.jpg

Thanks Kevin,

It is a big target but I think a 200mm lens would be better. There appears to be a large tail showing, even on this quick effort, that's missing in the close ups.

The adaptor is made by Moravian Instruments and fits their camera and the lens very well :) The lens end even has a proper lock for the lens cutout. I haven't mentioned the camera as this is only it's second photo so I don't know too much about it yet. Other than it appears to work. It's like a QSI. I haven't even attached it to my scope yet !

Dave.

Just to show my final effort ( I think ) I've spent some time trying to get as much of the tail to show as I can. I've now got what looks to be slight background blotching. Searching round the web for other widefields of the area I think it may be Nebulosity but I'm unsure. Either other photos go close in or go wide and not too deep. If anyone knows if it is real Nebulosity, please tell me :)

Now I know the camera works, I'll get the guider out again.

Dave.

post-13139-13387750414_thumb.jpg

Archived