SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

"Raw" problem viewing

Hi

If you are going to stack the images you can load them straight into say DSS (thats what I use)

DeepSkyStacker - Free

however for a quick preview on your laptop you can use say IrfanView - IrfanView - Official Homepage - one of the most popular viewers worldwide - its free (you may need a plugin I cant remember)

Hope that helps

John B

Hello John, have downloaded suggested program and i thought, all the plugins, and in fact i can find required plugin on lappy and can indeed now preview images but, when trying to open image get message-- Can`t load plugins"FORMAT DLL`S" a help forum i came accross said it`s location should be moved up one level----do not understand---- so my problem for today is to try and get soloution,many thanks for the program suggestion it looks great.

Still in need of a soloution,

Cheers

Mike

Hi Mike,

I set my camera to take a JPG as well as an uncompressed raw when taking my images. Once they are in a folder, I can then see directly what the raw images look like from the jpg. It might take up more disk space, but it's certainly more convenient for me to do it that way.

Dave

Hello Dave Smith, problem solved!!!!!!!! What a fantastic easy and comprehensive program, everyone should try it it`s so fast wow i`m impressed.

Eagleseye your right i should have checked my settings! All`s well thats end`s well,i`m a happy bunny:hello2::):hello2:

Cheers

Mike

Archived