Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

ETX 80 STRIPDOWN

Mick.G.

Hello,

I have a etx 60 ota and they have side arm attachment that would need to be remove (cut off) before mounting in any decent way. i have seen some videos on utube for it.

i am thinking of cutting the arm bits of my etx 60 and doing the same but then i brought the ota only for not much

Interesting that the OTA is different from mine, mine has the side arms attached to the rear plastics and thus it can not be removed individually, if you have the same as pictured above you are fortunate :)

Yes that is how my ETX60 is fixed.

the interior is different also

to take the arms off you need to disassemble the mount.

remove the small central circular cover on the underside of the base mount.

you will see a three pronged retaining plate.

to remove this on the top side of the base section, take off the crome covered az tension leaver this reveals a 13mm hex bolt top, this must be unscrewed, at this point the roller bearing comes free, gently prize off the thhree pronged plate.

This reveals a 116/16" nylon/plastic white retaining nut, unscreww this and the base cover seperates

you will now see the two sets three retaining screws for the side arms.

It is only necessary to remove the unprowered arm support.

now you OTA comes free.

you can now seperate the tube from the focus assenmbly to facilitate the cutting off of the side section.

I hope this helps.

Your too far away for me to do it for you,I am located in North Staffordshire.

After this thread i decided to go and de-arm my little cheapo etx. i actually intend to try some widefield imaging with it. but no really bothered was just something i had been meaning to do for a while.

took me like 30 mins... here's my finnished results

post-19390-133877503307_thumb.jpg

post-19390-133877503314_thumb.jpg

post-19390-133877503322_thumb.jpg

post-19390-13387750333_thumb.jpg

Archived