Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Fujifilm S5600 1st impressions

lunator

Pick up my new Fujifilm S5600.

DSLR type camera.

£140 brand new from Dixons.co.uk - The camera has be superceded by the S6500.

5.2MP , 15 - 1/1000 sec Shutter speed, F3.8-F8

This camera is a lot more flexible than my compact A607 but the CCD chip is similar and so I know it is a good'un.

The camera is small (for a DSLR type) and light. Most of the buttons are easy to reach.

I cannot give a proper 1st light report but I did manage to get 1 photo through the scope before the clouds rolled in.

I put the camera on the steadypix clamp and aligned it with the 25mm ortho. i put the camera seting on 'Night-time' and ISO200 and pressed the shutter release. This set the flash off which caught me by surprise but despite this the camera picked up stars down to Magnitude 12.5.

I cannot wait to give the camera a proper 1st light test.

Cheers

Ian

• 2 weeks later...

I had the s5000, pretty much the same camera. SRB can provide an adaptor that can be used to mount the camera direct to either T threads or onto the baader hyperion eyepieces giving a much sturdier mounting for eyepiece projection. ( 55mm to T thread or 55mm to baader converter thread) the only problem I ever had was getting hold of a cable release , I found one in the states that was fantastic but that broke and I couldnt remember who I got it from. try shooting in raw and converting on the pc, it can help with image quality..

• 4 months later...

Hi Ian,

I've got a S5600 too but Im having trouble finding a cheap clamp/holder...can you point me in the right direction. Ive been holding it v.patiently against the EP and holding the shutter down, but the information you have said here should help me, just need a clamp or something...

thanks a lot

Lee :saturn:

Archived