NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

filters

Hi all, just got my new Revalation eyepiece kit , now i have a filter wheel with two filters but i dont really use it. Can someone tell what i should use the different filters for. The filters that came with the kit are Light green #11 navy blue#47 light blue#82a dark red #25 and last a grey #nd96 25%t which i think is the moon filter:icon_scratch:

Light BLue #82a: Jupiter (main belt details), occasionally cloud/mist detail and polar caps on Mars, Martian dust storms (when they occur).

Red #25: Jupiter in the equatorial band (and in general when the seeing is bad), Mars at moderate power (but you need lots of aperture with this one; I prefer a yellow and orange on anything smaller than a 21" scope, at least if I can magnify enough)

Green #11 is useful for star testing achromatic refractors and also as a Mars and Jupiter filter when the #25 is too dark.

#47 (which to me is violet rather than "navy blue", but I digress): the choice filter for Venus, Martian polar caps.

Archived