Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

I have ticks!

matteboy

Nope they don't itch either!:)

First proper go with my new toy (200P) so here it goes:

M33 Triangulam Galaxy

M110 Galaxy Had M31 ticked already (couldn't notice M32 tho???)

M81 & M82 Galaxies

M13 Great Cluster in Hercules

M57 Ring Nebula (WOW)

M56 GC

M2 GC

M15 GC

M101 Galaxy

M51 Whirlpool Galaxay

Was expecting a little more with some of the galaxies (VERY faint fuzzies) but stuck to low power as struggling to focus with higher powers, can't tell you how chuffed I am, think the scope might need collumating but got to find everything I hunted for, bar Uranus but think I was in the wrong place!

:D:p:eek: BIG GRINS FOR ME :D:):p

Nice work especially M33 took me ages to find it. Faint and fuzzy are certainly the words but remember how far away from us these things are it's pretty amazing we can see them at all.

Was one of the fainter ones, I thought M13 would show more detail aswell, M101 was hard aswell went past it a few times, loving M81 & M82 as you can see them in the same FOV, Dumbell next!:)

Then I'm going to have to start reading up on where to look next, memorised all the ones I went for tonight as had hunted for them before without success in my cheap frac, now the hard work starts!

:D:p:eek: STILL GRINNING :D:):p

I really like M13, in my 10" Dob I use either x150 or x200 and whilst I can't quite resolve stars in the core I can see what look like chains of stars flowing out from the centre. What is the light pollution like from your location?

Not too bad with overall LP, quite dark skies here, but streetlights in the road don't help! I've found a patch of grass that's out of the direct line of sight of the lights, hoping to find a dark site nearby soon but bit nervous about taking the scope out in the car!

Mainly used low power (X37.5) to find and then moved through a 17mm to 10mm (X120)

but think the 10mm EP isn't the best quality (Don't know what make it is)

Looking for a Teleview barlow next so should help with upping the mag, and hopefully some Televue EPs, but will have to wait for cash, or ask Santa nicely!

I also think I may have had M32 & M110 round the wrong way in the ticklist! Will check next time as quite hazy outside now

Pretty good especially with the nearby lights, I'd be happy with that.

A Nagler 13T6 or a 12T4 would be a great buy for your scope, nice power for DSO work and when paired with a x2 Barlow would be real nice on planets and smaller DSO's. I hope you've been a good boy Santa see's everything remember (well that's what I tell my 2 year old)

Good catch of objects there Matt :)

You might as well tick M32 - it's close to M32 (closer than M110) but looks like a small fuzzy star - it was almos certainly in the same FoV as M31 when you were viewing that.

Agree with you about M81 and M82 - my favourite galaxies by far. M51 can be good on a dark, transparent night - I've seen spiral structure in that one with a 12" under a decently dark sky.

12mm-14mm is a great workhorse eyepiece focal length - it's no surprise that the 1st Nagler was a 13mm all those years ago followed much more recently by the 1st Ethos of course - "Uncle Al" Nagler knows what he's about :D

Pretty good especially with the nearby lights, I'd be happy with that.

A Nagler 13T6 or a 12T4 would be a great buy for your scope, nice power for DSO work and when paired with a x2 Barlow would be real nice on planets and smaller DSO's. I hope you've been a good boy Santa see's everything remember (well that's what I tell my 2 year old)

I'll need a bit more than Santa's help with either of them, bit steep at the mo! Hoping for the TV Plossl, probably the 11mm which'll give me X108 and the 2X Barlow, but even they're stretching it for now!

Nice going!

Uranus is an odd one, it just looks like a dirty star you cant focus, kind of dull grey in colour. Take care not to sweep past it thinking it is a star.

I think I've found it on many past tries but not gonna tick it til I'm sure, need to have someone that knows sitting next to me!

Good catch of objects there Matt :)

You might as well tick M32 - it's close to M32 (closer than M110) but looks like a small fuzzy star - it was almos certainly in the same FoV as M31 when you were viewing that.

Agree with you about M81 and M82 - my favourite galaxies by far. M51 can be good on a dark, transparent night - I've seen spiral structure in that one with a 12" under a decently dark sky.

12mm-14mm is a great workhorse eyepiece focal length - it's no surprise that the 1st Nagler was a 13mm all those years ago followed much more recently by the 1st Ethos of course - "Uncle Al" Nagler knows what he's about :D

I did think I'd see some spirals but fooled a ibt by the pics you see by imagers, first real go with the scope so at least I know what to expect from now on, so pleased though with the amount I found, just to know what Ive actually found and not so much what they look like if that makes sense!

Archived