SynScan setup questions

I am upgrading my EQ5 mount to goto. I had no problem fitting the motors despite the severe lack of instructions in the kit :p I even adjusted the worm drives for minimum backlash in an attempt to optimise everything. It was all going OK until I had to input the lat and long data on the handset. I am also struggling a bit with the time stuff :)

I have found my position -

53.7838593, -2.4770586

N53° 47.0316', W002° 28.6235'

What do I put into the hanset on the SynScan?

One value seems to be in decimal... the other in mins and secs :eek:

Thanks for looking, any help will be very much appriciated

Pete

this is the format asked for in the manual you enter the longitude first

longitude 002° 28' W" in deg - min I don't think it asks for seconds

then the latitude

latitude 53° 47' N

the current time zone is "0"

the date is in American format mm/dd/yyyy i spent an hour on the first time i used one of these 07/09/2010 7th aug should have been 09/07/2010 i was nowhere near anything. the last is the daylight savings. If the date entered in step 8 falls between March and November, the SynScanTM will prompt

"DAYLIGHT SAVING?". Use the scroll keys to make the selection and press ENTER to

confirm. If the date is out of the range between March and November, the SynScan willTM skip

the daylight saving setting and proceed to the next step.

its on to alignment then if you got the above right it should be ok from here

over to you

this is the format asked for in the manual you enter the longitude first

longitude 002° 28' W" in deg - min I don't think it asks for seconds

then the latitude

latitude 53° 47' N

the current time zone is "0"

the date is in American format mm/dd/yyyy i spent an hour on the first time i used one of these 07/09/2010 7th aug should have been 09/07/2010 i was nowhere near anything. the last is the daylight savings. If the date entered in step 8 falls between March and November, the SynScanTM will prompt

"DAYLIGHT SAVING?". Use the scroll keys to make the selection and press ENTER to

confirm. If the date is out of the range between March and November, the SynScan willTM skip

the daylight saving setting and proceed to the next step.

its on to alignment then if you got the above right it should be ok from here

over to you

7th august is 08/07/2010 in american:D

Guys, Thanks! Sorted :)

I was hitting the goto button and it was pointing in completely the wrong direction :eek: It's now pointing in the general direction it should be.

The manual is a bit poor - there were no instructions whatsoever on how to fit the motors :eek:

Once again thank you :p

Archived