NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

vixen shuttlescope

Would this be the 100mm refractor on Ebay? It's certainly interesting with the push/pull draw tube course focus. I'm sure the Vixen optics will be good. And the Borg Non-rotating Helical Focuser is very nice, i had one for my Skymax 150 and it worked a dream.

I agree that this went for too much - these are unusual in the UK but I've seen them for sale in Europe and the USA at much more modest prices - just a little more than you would pay for a chinese 102mm F/5 achromat.

T'was I who won it. Expensive? Not really, the big Borg focuser would cost that alone. The standard Vixen helical focuser is a 36.4mm bore vs the Borg one that will let me use 2" optics and diagonals.

I bought it as a good grab and go scope, and as been noted, as it's a Japanese Vixen, the optical and build quality is better than the el cheapo Chinese short focus refractors.

Archived