NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Afocal Imaging

Bigwings

Which way do you do it  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Which way do you do it

• I use adaptors to attach camera to lense (Badder, Revelation, etc)
    • I use a digiscope adapter and a point and shoot camera
    • I use a video camera/ smart phone handheld at EP.
    • I would love to try this but have not because of lack of information.
    • I would like a section on SGL to deal with Afocal

Having just bought an Hyperion Zoom Mk111 I am tempted to try a little imaging (afocal).

I wondered how many of us are mainly visual observers but would like to do the occasional image using kit which leave enough in the bank to buy food.

If you use this method please comment on what setup you have and if you feel this superb community could / should develop a part of the site to support this method.

I have taken afocal pics of the Moon, planets & double stars.

It's easy enough and I use an orion steadypics bracket. It's a bit of a pain to algin but by using the self timer to stop vibrations during the pic taking you can take decent enough pics.

Cheers

Ian

I'm not sure we need to develope another part. Isn't Afocal covered already ?

I don't think you see too much of it because not many do it.

When I started, Afocal was the Siren's call. I quickly found the focal length via my eyepieces was so great they were unusable for DSO and just Barlowing covered my needs for Planets via a webcam.

Dave

I started imaging using my Hyperions with the adapter rings to attach it to my Canon powershot camera. I liked doing it although it was costing me a fortune in batteries! Not sure if it needs a seperate board though, I used to post mine is the relevant section according to the object.

Tony..

Archived