NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Big Dipper's website

AndyMac

I can't be bothered faffing about with laptops & so forth. Everyone nowadays seems to be shooting digital - so it's nice to be different by keeping up the old traditions.

........plus I've recently spent over £100.00 to have my autoguider repaired - so I might as well get my money's worth out of it with the long exposures required for film.

I wouldnt know were to start with Slr cameras i have been tempted many times in the past to buy a decent one(i own a zenit built like a Tank and prob still hold radioactive waste seeing as it's built from russian tanks scrap metal) but never took the plunge the cost of film and learning curve puts me off personally. Theres a certain romantic charm to film like vinyl is to Cd's i like about film astrophotos...

James :)

Same old tat (mostly) that's been there for the past 5 years!

Andy, blimey it's amazing how the time passes by. I checked out your site not long after it went live. Fantastic collection of images, always wanted a collection of my own like that.

Regards

Russ

Cheers Russ. The whole set up is looking rather soggy after this afternoon's torrential downpour (no doubt you had something similar in Southampton). Will have to let it all dry out before I plug it into the electricity supply (the roof in my 'observatory' leaks badly). :)

Archived