NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Astrophotography programs

I know i know another thread with the same question.......

After reading abit in to this and getting a webcam for my SW130p and all i want to do is take a picture at what im looking simple yes?

Well some programs can track objects for you" but i thought my az goto mounts did that for me " and some programs do this that and all the rest :)

I want a program that will take a picture of what i want it to but then process the image for me or clear it up for a better quality image " do i make sense "

I am willing to pay for the program but want it to be easy to use all in one package that will help me along the way.

Im not asking to much am i lol

Cheers Paul

Well if you have a goto mount then you are half way there. There are some interesting threads on here about imaging with a webcam. No doubt someone will reply at some point and provide you with a link to them. You will be suprised how good images you can obtain with a scope of your size and a webcam, plus using registax or something similar to process the image really shows more detail than you can see with your eyes alone.

So we can look forward to some nice images from you soon then?

You ask if you are asking too much. I think you may be! The pictures you see on here are very much software assisted but the assistance is provided by the struggling imager!! Take one step at a time. The charm of astronomical photography is that it is not easy but wonderful when you finally get something.

Olly

If you have an alt-as mount then I think your gonna need a wedge to allow tracking of object.

As Olly says its a difficult hobby, astrophotography, but when you get a result it gives your a great feeling.

Hi Wils - which webcam do you have? If it's an SPC900 (or derivative) get wxAstrocapture - free software to capture the frames for you. You can then submit them to Registax (also free) which will stack and align them for you. THe final image can be tweaked in Gimp - free picture processing software :)

Archived