Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Jupiter 23rd October 2010

chrisrnuttall

hello

seeing was about 5/10, with variable boiling, some brief good moments.

I struggled with fine detail, and the white ovals in the SSTB eluded me no matter how hard i strained to see them,

Gannymede was transiting Jupiter, it seemed pale grey - almost white against the limb, but later on after i made my drawing it looked dark grey against the brighter central part of Jupiters' disk. Funny how the eye-brain tells you this little moon has totally changed tone in one hour, when you know it is just a contrast effect.

Oval BA was seen well. It was a dark oval most of the time, sometimes showing a paler centre and just once showing the centre to be a similar colour to the GRS.

STZ was broken and displaced N-S in places

GRS was bright orange with a darker edge, it created significant hollows in the STB and SEB.

SEB was greyish, still pale but i think more distinct than at the start of this aparition. The GRS seems to be creating turbulance within the SEB to my eye.

EZ was just a little paler than the SEB, and had a few blue-grey streaks, plus two white 'ovals'

NEB has a long jagged white rift running almost right across the disc

NTB was yellow-brown with one small dark brown oval

NNTB was similar with a long broken brown line running accross it.

NPR dirty brownish with a hint of graininess or mottling to it.

post-17454-133877496431_thumb.jpg

Archived