Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Califonia Neb Ha DSLR

Roger B

Hi all,

I captured this on the 21st. A total of 3 hours in 20min subs.

Camera - Canon350d (Modded)

Filter - Astronomics 12nm clip

Imaging Scope - William Optics Zs70 & .08 III reducer/Flattener

Guided with a modded webcam & St80

Mounted on a EQ6 pro Via EQmod

Thanks for looking

Roger

post-16231-133877495859_thumb.jpg

Thanks All.

Nice image Roger, especially fighting the moon! Looking forward to seeing some RGB added into the mix.

btw, where can I get a ".08 III reducer/Flattener"... :)

Steve I got mine From Ian King a part of his recomendation for the Zs70 & Dslr set up

roger

Ah, sorry Roger, it was my poor attempt at a joke, the ".08" bit (rather than "0.8")

DOH. LOL :)

Olly, Not sure what you mean !!

Euan, No HDR I don't know how to do that. Only levels & curves & a couple of Noels actions.

Roger

Very nice image Roger - having seen it,I think I'm going to have a go at it when the moon is less bright.

I use the same telescope and RFIII with a Canon DSLR and I get spherical distortion in the corners of my images that looks to be the opposite of coma (i.e. it's tangential rather than radial). I raise this because you seem to suffer similar distortion in the bottom left corner of your image...but the other corners are OK - so I'm assuming that, if your scope and flattener are the same as mine, the left and top of the original image is cropped. I've been told that this distortion is caused by incorrect spacing between the flattener and the camera, but I've not managed to find the correct spacing yet (I think it's 5 or 6mm) - is your camera connected directly to your flattener or do you have any spacers in between?

Cheers

Steve

Steve

I have made all sorts of shims to try an dial out the distortion but still havent got iot sorted... following a thread earlier this year now i just use the lens correction tools in CS ...

I have a feeeling that the ammount and direction of the distortion also seems to be dependent on the accuracy of the focus...

Archived