Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

New Goto Dob question

Hello All,

I currently own the original Skyliner 300P push to DOB, last night i was showing my 5 year old daughter the moon and Jupiter, she told me it had 4 moons and was stripy, I was as they say over the moon, I am very happy that she is showing an interest at an early age.

However...

After I spent a small amount of time setting up, lining up the object into the eyepiece, she comes along stands on her stool and then head buts the eyepiece and grabs hold of the tube and swings it around saying it can't see anything.

So I patiently line every thing back up only for her to lean on the eyepiece and push the scope.

So coming to my question about the new Skywatcher Goto DOBs's, when my daughter has finished swinging on the tube and head butting the eyepiece will the DOB re align itself back on the chosen object time after time?

Stealth

Hello All,

I currently own the original Skyliner 300P push to DOB, last night i was showing my 5 year old daughter the moon and Jupiter, she told me it had 4 moons and was stripy, I was as they say over the moon, I am very happy that she is showing an interest at an early age.

However...

After I spent a small amount of time setting up, lining up the object into the eyepiece, she comes along stands on her stool and then head buts the eyepiece and grabs hold of the tube and swings it around saying it can't see anything.

So I patiently line every thing back up only for her to lean on the eyepiece and push the scope.

So coming to my question about the new Skywatcher Goto DOBs's, when my daughter has finished swinging on the tube and head butting the eyepiece will the DOB re align itself back on the chosen object time after time?

Stealth

Awesome! I have exactly the same problem with my kids... and with my retired next door neighbours too surprisingly

Archived