Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Loose Finder

Is it just me or is the current popular design of finder scope mount - the one with two rear screws and one spring loaded pin - a very poor design.

Just one slight knock and its out of alignment. I'm sure a few other members have had similar frustrations so does anyone have a good fix for a wayward finder?

It wouldn't matter what the design, if you have a habit of knocking the finder it will always be out of alignment.

It's not meant to be a solid robust set up. If it were it wouldn't be so adjustable....

When i mean - slight knock - I'm talking about just touching it.

The front end of the scope doesn't fit well with the inside diameter of the mount so even brushing past it will change its position...

There should be a rubber ring in there holding the finder reasonably firmly in the front end of the mount.

Its like a black rubber elastic band. There is normally a groove on the finder for the rubber band to sit in.

That's what that was for, believe mine is in a land fill by now, and I think my finder bracket is the wrong way round compared to the picture; excellent translated chinese instructions again. :(

There should be a rubber ring in there holding the finder reasonably firmly in the front end of the mount.

theres your problem, same as my helios finder bracket, without the rubber ring its not stable, if you cant get hold of one a couple of winds of electricians tape will do the trick

Archived