Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

PANIC CHAOS POSSIBLE DISASTER

fil6914

hi guys

just started getting the kit together ready for this weekends Kielder star camp and found a huge problem of my own making.

the mount and 2x scopes have been out on the pier since March, i checked on the kit a number of times during the months in between and found them to be fine. A couple of weeks ago i fired up the mount handset etc to make sure it was still polar aligned, everything was fine apart from the usual clouds that quickly moved in to obscure Polaris.

anyhoo i've just been out to power up the mount to check on everything before packing it away and found when i switched on the power to the mount the red led light did not come on, the handset did not light up and through the light on my head lamp i saw smoke comming out of the mount.

obvious question is the mount goosed ??

i've since brought it in and opened the control board panel, theres no water or sign of water on or in the board area, i'll leave it open for tonight and plug it in tomorrow in the faint hope it will be ok.

this feels like its going to ruing Kielder and be VERY expensive

Phil

EDIT forgot to add the kit was covered over all the time

thanks for your reply, yes mate everything has worked fine before, power source has been fine before tonight. im hoping it was maybe steam rather than smoke i obviously didnt leave it plugged in long enough to find out

Phil

it was the polarity !! last time i used it i remember the little plug comming off the 12v DC adaptor, me being me just popped it back on not knowing there was a right and wrong way icon_scratch.gif

anyhoo everything is all back up and running again panic over

thanks for your expertise guys as usual

Phil

Archived