Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

South coast meet - wednesday 6th

russ

Due to the weather we are going to have a meet tomorrow (Wednesday 6th October) night. As it's a work day, we'll start early(ish), probably 7-8pm and finish approx 11-12pm. If the skies last night were anything to go by, the transparency should be excellent, which from the dark site gives a definite wow factor. Even without a scope it's well worth it just for the naked eye view of the sky.

Pop along to the group and we'll give you more details.

Hi Adam,

Yep Turf Hill this one. Should be there for 7.30pm hopefully. There's a few of us going now, so should be good.

Forecast is excellent......just bring some dew control!!!!!! :o

Just to say the weather forecasts are still holding up, all agreed on a crystal clear sky. When they all agree it's an almost safe bet. :o

Also a chance to see Comet Hartley 2, although it does sound a little underwhelming.

Hi Alan,

Was indeed good to catch up. Just to let you know, we will be having another session this coming Saturday (9th). Forecast is great for the next few days, until next Tuesday i think? Be great if you can make it along.....sadly i won't be there for that one. I have a curry and beer evening to go too instead.

Hehe just seen your sig.....West Sussex. That will be quite a drive. Although we do plan to have a second site on the East side of Hampshire in the near future. Shaun will hopefully have details of that when a suitable site has been found. :(

I think there is a group being setup for where you are. It maybe Pauly that was looking into it? He joined our group too but realised he needed somewhere closer really. I'll see if i can find the thread for you.

We're still meeting at Butser Ancient Farm, nr Chalton now twice a month and Butser Hill once a month, as well as INTECH nr Winchester. The skies can be great on the east-side... Mag 20+. Great to see SCAG going well. How is the New Forest these days??? Dave.

Ah yes, Hants Astro are down the east side too. So a few possibilities for you Chuckles.

Hi Dave, New Forest is great, skies have been superb. Wednesday was the worst skies we've had there but even then they were still great.

Hants Astro looks like its going from strength to strength.

Will be going to Turf Hill tonight if anyone is interested. Just a short session, the forecast is superb, so it has to be done. Someone will there from 7.30pm, i will be getting there for 8.30pm.

Archived