Couple of Widefield images

OXO

After i packed the scope up at 3.00am i decided to do a couple of widefield image's as i had enjoyed the night so much with Mars.

Both images are exposures of 65secs with the Coolpix 4500.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Tonight i seen a Blue fire ball with an amazing tail at 2.46am to the southeast stunning! About 3 quarters the size of the full Moon.

James :) :)

Not fair!!

How come you get all the dark skies and I get everone's cloud. And I mean EVERYONE's!!!

Grrrrr.....

Sorry mate but you DON'T get my clouds but i will give them your address if you like.

Maybe they could take a winter holiday over at yours this year. :)

Hi Daz how does this sound.

Next year i will probably be moving house.

Now the wife is kind of surprised that this time i am taking an active interest in exactly where we move to.

(Normally i dont bother with things like that)

If she ever finds out that i have been looking at weather stats for certain areas as well as light pollution stats

and this is what i am basing where we will end up i could end up a single guy very quickly. :)

You don't think i am taking this too far do ye?

Thanks Rog,

I had to get rid of the Light Pollution and Mist with those two images wasnt too hard though, adjusted the levels in Photoshop and unshark masked a little.

James :)

I wonder if anyone else seen that fireball? it was an amazing site never seen one like it before...

If she ever finds out that i have been looking at weather stats for certain areas as well as light pollution stats and this is what i am basing where we will end up i could end up a single guy very quickly. :)

You don't think i am taking this too far do ye?

Not at all, I always check the Philips DarkSky map before booking a holiday and if I were moving, I'd do the same.

Also, I do some work for a company (teaching photography) that rents holiday cottages in Devon & Cornwall and I know they are sometimes asked for cottages in dark sky locations. 

Steve :)

Archived