Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First solar pics with PS3 EyeToy (dirty sensor!)

teh_orph

Hello guys

I bought one of those Astrozap numbers from FLO a few months ago but to be honest, haven't seen anything too exciting through it. The weather's been poor or I get home from work just after the sun clips the trees etc. But this morning at 11 am wasn't too bad!

Here's my first pics of anything through this filter, using my Skywatcher 130p and my modified PS3 EyeToy camera.

sun3outcolour.pngsun3zoomcolour.png

And here's what teh internets tell me it's meant to look like today...

todayy.png

I'm very happy with this - apart from the amount of dirt on the camera sensor! I didn't realise that it had accumulated this until I was outside and the clouds were about to go over, so apologies :o

Comments? What should I be doing to do better the next time I get a good opportunity?

Cheers!

I have one of these: Solar Filters - AstroZap Baader Solar Filter

You can also buy your own film for half the price and make your own cover. To be honest, the thumb screws done too tightly increase the chances of it popping off the front of my scope! Bit of a worry.

I've not dared put my eye to it yet, I've done the whole thing with my now-clean camera :o

EDIT: forgot to say, it's a white light filter. I've then colourised the image yellow.

Archived