NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

registax advice please

hi all, just need to know what i'm doing wrong, have tried several avi's all just over a gig (3 minutes 60fps) of jupiter and keep getting an error 3/4 of the way through saying failed to decompress avi. damn frustrating:mad:

Well I don't know a great deal about registax but I have used it.

What is the camera? your using?

I find it reads my NexImage Avi's fine, but my Coolpix video it wont read?

or are the files to big?

Ray

Click on the Extended AVI mode button at the top of the window. You may find that 3 minutes is a long exposure for Jupiter, you will start to see rotation of the planet above about 90 seconds. If the Avi still refuses to load try loading the file into Virtualdub and cut the video down to a smaller length then resave as a new video file.

Peter

cheers guys, looks like it was the file size, cam was an ebay spc880/900nc, thought it would be tricky but had no idea how difficult it is to get a good focus, anyway managed to get a pic out of it, not bad for a first attempt but i really want to get the detail like a lot of people on here can

[ATTACH]43715[/ATTACH]

webcam on 2x barlow on s/w300 newt

Archived