Orion Shorty Plus x2 Barlow lens caps

I have just taken delivery of a brand new Orion Shorty Plus 3- element x2 Barlow. Apart from the bubble wrap envelope, it arrived in a box and sealed in a plastic bag. The barlow has a lens cap on the bottom but nothing on the top, where you would insert the eyepiece. Is this normal? If so, how do people store them to prevent the ingress of dust onto the lenses? Can I buy a lens cap to fit?

I would prefer to keep it in the flight case with the rest of my EP’s.

Any info appreciated.

Regards,

Uplooker

I too bought one of the Orion shorty plus barlows and as you did I found only to have the one end with a cap and not the ep end, I just put it back into the plastic bag when finished with it. I got mine from Telescope house, So I will email them and see if they can send me out one for it..

How do you like yours when using it?

Unfortunately I have not had the opportunity to try it out as yet. I will be contacting the vendor today about a lens cap. Not really practical to keep taking it in and out of the plastic bag.

I will let you know how I get on.

• 2 weeks later...

Update,

I contacted the vendor - Telescope House, about the missing lens cap. (I did not want to name the vendor previously as I did not to give them bad press without letting them try to resolve the issue) The guy that i spoke to came across as very nonchalant. i did not expect any response from them.

However, on Monday I received a lens cap for the barlow in the post.

Well done Telescope House and thank you.

Archived