Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Star maps.

The planets and Moon are always on the move, so it'd be impossible to have them on a regular star chart... you might do well to keep track of them with Stellarium. As far as DSOs, i use the Pocket Sky Atlas as a guidebook for starhopping to my targets using the finderscope.

(EDIT)

I should add that when precision identification is needed, i use either the Millennium Star Atlas or Uranometria. The MSA's charts are more magnified and go down to stellar mag 11, but the Uranometria has a lot more DSOs listed, less chart magnification, and iirc it only goes down to mag 8 or 9.

I'm going to start printing off screen shots of Stellarium for finding Uranus, Neptune, asteroids etc. when I finally get another dob. Means I can have a pretty much pin point position of something on that particular night :icon_salut:

Archived