Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

sw 250px dob. a good second scope?

after using my mak 127 for planitary viewing the last couple of months i think i want something new.

i am thinking of the 250px dob here: Dobsonians - Skywatcher Skyliner 250PX Dobsonian

i want to get more into dso's reather that just planitary and my mak is obviously quite limeted to planitary

so the question is this a good choice or would i be better off with something else?

A 10 incher will surely make a huge difference, when compared to a 127Mak.

But be prepared to a bulkier telescope and one that needs more maintenance (specially with regular collimation). Apart from that, I think you're making a good choice thinking os a dob as a complement to a small maksutov. After some time, you'll use the dob for deep sky and planetary observation as well...

the problem is that i can have 1 or the other as i would have to p/x the mak at my local astro store to be able to afford the 250px.

so do i stick with the mak and save up for ages or go straight in on a p/x for the dob???

moving the dob around isnt much hastle as it eill be next to the back door and collimation. that shouldent be a prob.

its more that im not happy with the quality of views that im getting through the mak and really dont want to get bored with just looking at jupiter.

If it's one or t'other then I do think that the 250 is a more useful

& capable scope, and should give better views of a larger range

of objects.

The 127 Mak is a nice instrument, but more suited to lunar/planetary/

double stars. The 250 will do all that, but be much better on deep sky.

Best regards, Ed.

Archived