Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Of Apos and Achros!

Neil English

Hello All,

I have posted a new article on Cloudy Nights which tells the truth about achromats and apochromats. It is the result of a six month long collaborative study with a number of individuals trained in the dark arts of optics. It is called "Stranger than Fiction" and you can view it here;

Stranger than Fiction! - Article

I very much hope you enjoy it and consider it carefully.

It is my gift to you; the backyard astronomer.

Many thanks,

Neil.:)

Thanks Neil for a very interesting read. It clarifies some things I have noticed myself but have not been too sure about the reasons why.

An alternative title could have been "There's more than one way to skin a cat" but is that old saying PC nowadays.:)

John

Very interesting stuff Neil. I'm seriously considering finding out for myself the difference between using a fast ED and a slower achromat by obtaining one of these:

Lyra Optic - Telescopes and Mounts

And pitting it against my F/6.5 Vixen ED102SS for a couple of months. OK the achro is not F/15 but It's getting there !.

Just got to pursuade my wife that it's all in the cause of research and not just about me wanting a sexy looking long white refractor to add to my fleet :)

Archived