Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

ASCOM help!

Hi All,

I'm having trouble getting ASCOM onto my PC. It's a few years old but does have Windows XP. I downloaded ASCOM v5, and got a message saying I needed Microsoft net. Framework 2.somethingorother. I dutifully went to the site, downloaded what I was presented with, net framework 4.....This then led me to a message saying I needed Micrsoft WIC (???). Tried to download this...At this point the PC said 'No Thanks':mad:. I then thought, maybe I should download an older version of of net. framework...so I dowloaded v2 (as I thought this looked like the original error message from earlier). This didn't work either!

Sadly I know very little about computers. Anyone have any ideas?:)

Stef

Cheers for the response. It says its downloading updates every time I turn it off.

Are service packs 2 and 3 easy to download/install?

Stef

How to obtain the latest Windows XP service pack

I believe you will only need SP3 as it includes all the updates from SP2 but I could be wrong, maybe leave it on long enough to download and install the updates? :)

Archived