Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Another camcorder Jupiter (and Ganymede) - from Kelling Heath SP

Tim

I have spent a bit of time trying to refine my method of taking these planetary pics, and have just purchased a Hyperion zoom eyepiece which attaches directly to the camera.

But this one was taken with my first method of taping the camcorder to a cheap plossl eyepiece.

OTA is a C9.25 @f10, via Sony HDD Handycam. File in MJPEG format converted to AVI in Virtualdub, opened in AVIStack 2, and then wavelets applied in Pixinsight.

I hadn't realised before the power of the wavelet tool, but must admit that I struggle not to just create big ring artifacts in green and purple around the edges. Any tips on this would be most appreciated :)

I like the fact that the image can be gained in full colour at reasonable resolution fairly quickly. It would be nice if the data hadn't been squished into mjpeg format really.

Anyway, I think this is my best Jupiter to date, although I have loads more video footage to go through yet from Kelling. It was nice to watch the transits on screen, there were three great ones that really stood out, I hope the pics are decent :)

Cheers

Tim

post-14037-133877484406_thumb.jpg

Archived