Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Neximage

Quick question from a noob interested in deep space imaging. If I were to purchase a Neximage does this replace the ep's thus reducing the magnification i'll be capable of? Cant get my head around these things and want to know which is the best way to go to begin with - Neximage or a DSLR?

Cheers Guys :)

OK, looking at a Canon 1000D. Would I be able to get any kind of DSI using that in conjunction with a Celestron 127EQ? I know this is a very open ended question but theres just so much information on these forums its quite daunting knowing exactly where to look.

Well I'm not sure what you can exactly see through that scope, if it's anything like the Skywatcher 130p then the answer would be yes, DSLR + Camera adapter should produce some results.

Tracking is the biggest problem for long exposure photography anything from 15 seconds - 3 minutes.

Have you tried looking as some DSO's? what's M31, M57, M13 look like with that scope? Remembering that the Camera will pick up more?

Ray

Ray's Astro-Photography Site

Archived